Sunday, March 22, 2015

Blowing off the digital dust

It has since been a few years since the last time I wrote something. So you would expect me to do a whole lot of self reflection ? And sure I did, especially you're in a place with scumbag drivers all around, bearing in mind that at the rate of few times per day, I nearly meet Jesus earlier that scheduled !

And so I'm here done with my degree, being all optimistic about landing myself a job, I hit road blocks after road blocks in countless interviews.

So I prayed jokingly : " God, if there are no mocking to my dreams , no mocking to my intellect just due to slightly above average results, and that I have peace about it,  I'll take it as a yes .. and voila.. here I am in erm MIRI *sarcasm intended*. LOL.

Initially I questioned my very decision of coming to this seemingly God forsaken town, where there are 10 pickup trucks out of 3 cars on the road, where inconsiderate drivers roam. And true enough, many questioned my sanity of coming into a lesser town compared to my hometown. For quite awhile I was caught in the limbo of not knowing what am I here for.

But weeks upon arriving here, I went to this prayer meeting one day, on a Wednesday evening, where I was the only young working adult. To top that up? They prayed in Mandarin, then I was like, Okay God, I'll pray to you in English ; being so accustomed to that. Issues were raised as prayer points and so we went on into forming groups to pray.

So there was this old lady with post surgery pain, whining about how painful it was in whatever posture she has; sitting, lying down , standing. PAIN EVERYDAY ALL DAY. Guess what ? I felt the prompting to pray for her. I did. I prayed and on the Friday that very same week. She gave a text to say that she has been able to sleep soundly ever since; nor painkillers or sleeplessness at night.

My lessons for that day ?  Where discomfort lies there lies a potential for growth in whatever sense possible. And that God provides the healing power, we just provide the willingness and the guts to pray for people; to be a channel so to speak. And that is our part. Full stop. And when you rely on Him solely, He blow your mind ( in a good way) the love He has for you by including you in things like these.

What is it like to be loved by God ? Ten thousand love songs sung to you, of how awesome and wonderfully you were made, squeezed into a single instance that would go on for eternity. His love is wanting to die for your sins over and over, but since He sent His perfect Son, once is all it takes, once is enough to clear off the eternity of condemnation. Still can't fathom His love for you ? If you're only one in this world, He would still die for your sins. Be blessed, whoever you are :)

No comments: